Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Monster List of Picture Book Agents - Janine Le, Sheldon Fogelman Agency

Janine Le has been an Assistant Agent at the well established Sheldon Fogelman Agency in New York since 2010. She started there as an intern in 2009. Janine is an agent building her list which is a good opportunity for those of you looking to connect with an agent.

Janine's bio says, "Janine is building her list of clients and is open to picture books through YA. She is most drawn to stories with a strong emotional core that influence the way readers view the world, themselves, and the people around them. She is also fond of complex characters and relationships, unique cultural perspectives, and stories with a touch of humor, romance, or both."

There isn't much extra online information on Janine, but Sheldon Fogelman Agency is a top notch agency that has some amazing clients. Agents such as Marcia Wernick and Linda Pratt established themselves as agents there as well as my great agent Sean McCarthy.

Some of Janine's information is posted as Janine Hauber or Janine Hauber Le.

You can find Janine on Twitter @LoveableLines.

Read first page critiques that Janine did on Kathy Teaman's blog. There's a picture book critique in there!

YA author Karen Denise posted about signing with Janine and talks a little bit about how the agency works.

You can read about Janine Le's background experience on Linkedin.

Janine is listed on the Sheldon Fogelman Agency website. Please see their submission guidelines. If you are submitting picture books you may include two manuscripts.

This post is part of the Monster List of Picture Book Agents. If you have any changes that you think should be made to this listing, please contact me or leave them in the comments. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Would you please provide me a contact email. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not provide email contacts for agents as that is part of doing your research. I don't want to be a part of people submitting to agents without looking into them and seeing if they are a good fit. You can find where to contact agents through their submission guidelines which I do provide a link to.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning,
    I am an author/ illustrator I have a demand on my book, it has been shown at University of West Florida and recieved awards, recently lectured on at Pensacola Museum of Art, schools are asking for it, I have had hundreds of people inquire...but I do not have it published. My family also has an animated show on FOX in NY. they have the designer ready to turn this into kids show...I just need it published and someone who can handle that end... if you can direct me I would appreciate it!
    Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete